Make the best day of your life that much more enchanting. Animals bring celebrations to life, evoking feelings of awe and wonderment at the many different species that share our world. These animals can feature throughout your journey of love: proposal, ceremony, reception and even anniversary. For a truly immersive experience you might want to consider booking the entire private zoo out for a unique wedding reception.
Whether you want some help to make your proposal that much more memorable or if you would like to have your rings carried down the aisle on the big day, we have some willing ring-bearers only too pleased to help.
Proposals can be set up at a suitable venue of your choosing or booked separately through our Encounters page, where a number of different novel ways can be orchestrated to arrange delivery of your engagement ring. If this is successful, why not have the same animal back to repeat the experience at the wedding.
- A Penguin can walk down the aisle carrying the rings around their neck on a thin ribbon. The penguins can join the bride and groom as they walk together between the lines of guests.
- A rhesus monkey can walk down the aisle and present the rings to the bride and groom.
- A sloth can be borne down the aisle hanging from its branch with your wedding rings hanging from a ribbon.
- With a bit of rehearsing a raven can fly to a receiver with a ring or rings.
- With a bit of rehearsing an eagle owl can fly to a receiver with a ring or rings.
You can choose to extend the magic by incorporating appropriate animals into your wedding reception. Don’t forget you can also book them back to arrive with a symbolic anniversary gift.
The traditional and magical “white wedding” still proves a very popular image. The inclusion of iconic white doves sets this scene off perfectly. Timed releases with homing doves provide the surprise factor. This package can also include white rabbits and a selection of other white furry friends that can be interacted with under the careful supervision of our trained animal handlers.
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the most beautiful. The black and white wedding theme remains a classic, elegant favourite. The animal kingdom provides us with some lovely examples of these two colours displayed to an elegant effect. Our black raven is juxtaposed with white doves; our black snake is contrasted with a white snake, whilst other animals display both these colours: zebras, ring-tailed lemur, penguins and skunk. Don’t forget your guests could have seen the raven earlier when it flew in to deliver the wedding rings at the ceremony.
The image of a tropical paradise is synonymous with parties and honeymoons. For British residents, the tropics represent escapism, where they can really enjoy themselves. Seeing this, many couples decide to bring this symbol to their wedding reception guests. Part of the beauty that is seen around the equator comes from the wondrous wildlife that inhabits these regions. Your wedding reception could be populated with friendly Central/South American Squirrel Monkeys and/or Madagascan Lemurs, which can mingle with your guests under the care and supervision of trained animal handlers, and various snakes and lizards. Selected guests can feed our South American Sloth. We also offer static displays of such beautiful birds as the Flamingo, Crowned Crane, White Stork and Pelican. Don’t forget your guests could have briefly seen the sloth or a rhesus monkey earlier as a ring-bearer at the wedding ceremony.
This is a fun variation on Tropical Paradise package, where your reception guests will get to meet and a select few will be able to feed a variety of fruit-loving and colourful animals. This package can include South East Asian Fruit Bats, South American Sloth, Madagascan Ring-Tailed Lemur and a beautiful Eclectus Parrot. Don’t forget your guests could have briefly seen the sloth or a rhesus monkey earlier as a ring-bearer at the wedding ceremony.
There is something enchanting about winter. This can be seen with the amount of magical significance we attach to the season throughout our culture. Festive weddings are becoming more popular. Much of that magic is undeniably attached to the animals we associate with snow and ice. Charming penguins can be on static display and selected guests may feed them. Don’t forget your guests could have had an earlier glimpse of one these birds as a ring-bearer at the actual wedding ceremony. What nicer way to benefit from the experience to see them socialising together. Moving more into the traditional magic of the theme, Siberian huskies or reindeer with a sleigh can be on display or for photo opportunities along with appropriately festively dressed animal carers.
Weddings have a strong association with springtime. Traditional symbols of this time include rabbits, ducklings, chicks and (subject to availability) lambs. We can provide any or all of these animals in addition to some other fluffy characters, including guinea pigs, llamas and alpacas. Some of these animals can be touched and handled under the strict supervision of our animal carers.
This is a cute and endearing attraction for your wedding that adds to the springtime atmosphere and is particularly popular with the child guests.
Camel Parade – Moroccan, Mongolian, Arabian, Oriental and Exotic Themes
Camels have been ridden for thousands of years and have long been regular attendees in parts of Africa and Asia. The presence of a camel at an event is immediately identifiable with Arabian culture, Mongolian culture and oriental mystique. Thinking outside of traditional trappings, we have successfully combined camels with Indian weddings and to simply bring in an unusual element to a British wedding reception. Our staff and camels can be dressed appropriately to accommodate your chosen theme.
- Bride and groom can leave the wedding ceremony atop two camels. The camel can then be on display for photo opportunities.
- Alternatively the camels can meet the bride and groom at the reception and be part of a static display to lend an exotic flavour to the event.
- If you book three or four camels, you can offer rides for a limited period of time to guests at your reception.
Going on safari is a fantastical dream for many. Likewise, the rainforest evokes thoughts of becoming immersed in a lost, tropical world of wonderment. Your wedding reception could bring such wonderment to your guests with our rich array exotic animals.
- African Zebras can be on static display and a special training display is offered for interested guests.
- Madagascan Lemurs can interact with the guests inside or outside of the venue.
- North American Alligators, South American Caimans, Burmese and Indian Pythons, South American Iguanas, various lizards and amphibians can all be admired as part of a wondrous display
- South American Squirrel Monkeys can mingle, where they will enjoy interacting with your guests.
- Some of these can be touched by your guests or even mingle in the crowds under the care of trained animal handlers
- South American Three-Toed Sloth can be viewed by all and fed by a selected number of lucky guests.
Zoo Wedding Reception
For those who want a truly immersive experience with animals why not hire the zoo for your reception. Here you can be surrounded a beautiful array of animals, many of which will be happy to mingle with your guests. Penguin parades, animal displays, tours around the premises to see a wide variety of animals are just some of the attractions offered in a beautiful Cotswold location.